Guerrilla Girls On Tour! and Guerrilla Girls Broadband recently met up with some of the old Girls who had a 30th anniversary message they wanted us to display.
A 30th Anniversary Message from the Guerrilla Girls of All Time
- Working with the pressure of success.
- No longer being in women-only shows.
- Finally your work is being supported (Social Security & Medicare).
- Knowing your career picks up after eighty.
- Being assured that whatever kind of art you make, hospital it will be labeled “Feminist”.
- Being a woman artist is cool—just in time for your retrospective.
- Seeing your ideas inspire the work of younger artists.
- No one needs to know that your studio assistant is your grandchild.
- At least your body of work is in shape.
- Having more time to work after your mate dumps you for someone middle-aged.
- Being included in revised versions of art history.
- Having to undergo the embarrassment of being a genius.
- Getting your picture in magazines without your gorilla mask.
- Bonus: They’re not hot flashes, they’re flashes of inspiration!