for “WE ARE THEATRE
Please read this Performance License carefully
and keep this copy for your records.
Your payment of ten dollars ($10.00 USD) for the download of “WE ARE THEATRE” will acknowledge that: a) you have read and understood the terms, rx conditions and provisions set forth below; b) you are authorized to enter into the Production Contract on behalf of Licensee; and c) you agree to the terms, conditions and provisions contained herein on behalf of the Licensee.
Copyright Provisions: Any violation of these provisions shall automatically terminate this License.
- Rights Granted: This License-granted allows for five public performances of “WE ARE THEATRE (the Play) for a period of 12 months from the date of the payment and download under the following terms and conditions. Public performance shall include any table reading, staged reading, workshop, or rehearsed performance of any kind.
- Changing the Play: Under federal law, you may not make any changes, including but not limited to the following:
- You may not add new music, dialogue, lyrics or anything to the text included with the downloaded material.
- You may not delete, in whole or in part, any material in the existing Play.
- You may not make changes of any kind, including but not limited to changes of text, music, lyrics or dialogue.
- You agree that any proposed change, addition, omission, interpolation, or alteration in the book, music, or lyrics of “WE ARE THEATRE” shall first be submitted in writing to Guerrilla Girls On Tour, Inc., so that the written consent of the Authors, if granted, may be obtained by Guerrilla Girls On Tour, Inc.
- Guerrilla Girls On Tour, Inc., and the Copyright Owners shall not be obliged at any time to offer royalty participation or make any payment to any person whom you may hire to direct, choreograph, stage, design or otherwise actualize your production unless that person has entered into a bona fide collaboration agreement directly with the Copyright Owners.
- By paying ten dollars ($10.00) and downloading “WE ARE THEATRE” you agree to review the terms of this Performance License, in particular Paragraph
- I.2 (This Paragraph), with the entire creative team of this production, and represent they are aware that no changes may be made to the Play without the written consent of the Authors.
- Recording/Reproduction (Audio, Video, Computer Sequencing, etc.)
- Recording: This license does not grant you the right to make, use and/or distribute a mechanical recording (rehearsal, performance or otherwise) of the Play or any portion of it by any means whatsoever, including, but not limited to, audiocassette, videotape, film, CD, DVD and other digital sequencing.
- Broadcast: Except for the usual right to advertise and publicize the Play by means of print, radio and television (in which no radio or television commercial shall contain excerpts of more than 30 seconds), this license does not allow you to broadcast, televise, and/or electronically post on the Internet any part of the Play, either audio or visual or both, including, without limitation, musical selections.
- Program/Poster/Advertising Credits
- Author/Creator: You must give the authors/creators billing credits, as specified in the “WE ARE THEATRE” script.
- You must include the following warning in your program:
“The videotaping or other video or audio recording of this production is strictly prohibited.”
- Merchandise: You may not create merchandise based on the play, whether for sale or distribution, without written permission from Guerrilla Girls On Tour, Inc. acting on behalf of the Copyright Owners or their duly authorized representatives.
- Default: This License is conditioned upon your fulfillment of all obligations set forth herein and in the accompanying downloaded script of “WE ARE THEATRE”.
This License will terminate automatically 365 days after the initial download of “WE ARE THEATRE”.
- Warranty: Guerrilla Girls On Tour, Inc. warrants that, on behalf of the owners of the copyright in the Play, it is authorized to grant this License to you. Guerrilla Girls On Tour, Inc. makes no other warranties.
- Reserved Rights: All rights in and to the Play other than those specifically licensed to you under the terms of this License agreement are reserved to Guerrilla Girls On Tour, Inc., with the unrestricted right of Guerrilla Girls On Tour, Inc., to use, exploit or dispose of any of them at any time, whether or not the exercise of such rights may be in competition with the rights granted to you in this License.
- Transfer of Rights: Under no conditions can this License be assigned or transferred without written consent from Guerrilla Girls On Tour, Inc.This License shall be governed by the Laws of the State of New York, and any dispute arising out of or under this License agreement shall be litigated only in the courts of the City or State of New York in the City of New York or the United States District Court in the Southern District of New York, and in no other forum.
- Indemnification of Licensor: You agree to indemnify Guerrilla Girls On Tour, Inc. and the Copyright Owner(s) and Rightsholder(s) of the Play from any claim arising out of your violation of any of the provisions of this License agreement.
Materials Rental Provisions
- Cancellation: The fee for downloading “WE ARE THEATRE” is required under any and all conditions, notwithstanding the non-use of said materials. Furthermore, you understand that, even if you do not present the Play, you are obligated for the fees set forth in this License and in the accompanying script for “WE ARE THEATRE”.
- Permitted Use: You understand that the Play materials cannot be used for any purpose other than as stated in this License and that you and/or anyone connected with your organization may not copy, reproduce, sell or otherwise distribute such materials.
GUERRILLA GIRLS ON TOUR, INC.
P.O. Box 2100
New York, NY 10021
CONTACT: Aphra Behn